Rhea's Self Introduction


Hello I’m Rhea Cochrane a third year at the University of Calgary. In spring 2019 I will be participating in a Japanese language group study with 20 or so other students. A few things about me that would be nice to know is that I’m very much an introvert. I like to take time to myself to read or stay on my computer. Though I’m not very good at it I also like to play video games and I often play with my PSVita, or even my Xbox-one. I also greatly enjoy board games/ card games and going out to board game cafes with my friends. I don’t have any pets because my little brother is allergic, but I do enjoy cats and wish to have one of my own someday. I don’t do many sports activities nowadays, but when I was younger I enjoyed tennis, swimming, dance and netball. I’m going to University of Calgary for a  multidisciplinary major in Communication and Culture as well as a Japanese and English minor. I wish to go back into school after I finish my degree next year for a teaching degree for elementary and early childhood education. Once I get enough teaching credentials I plan on going on the JET program (teaching English in Japan) or another similar program to go abroad and teach English overseas. My main passion is becoming an elementary school teacher, as I adore children, and it always fascinates me how young minds can quickly adapt and keep important information. That being said, when I was younger I sometimes dreamed of becoming an interior designer and following in my grandma's footsteps. So who knows? maybe I will go for a third degree in that too later in life, just to complete my bucket list. While on the topic of bucket lists I also want to learn more languages like Korean or Spanish. My brother is learning Spanish at the moment and It would be nice to know what he is saying and communicate to Spanish locals. I also plan to learn sign language for both English and Japanese as part of my teaching credentials. I think being able to help with assistance teaching for the hearing impaired would be a good learning experience in life, and an interesting and useful skill to learn (I may try to learn braille as well but that may be longer down the road). I wanted to go on this exchange for multiple reasons. The first is because I would be able to graduate faster if I take these three credits in the spring allowing me to graduate fall 2020 (if everything goes to plan). The next and most important reason is that I wish to get more skilful in Japanese and more comfortable speaking the language out loud to others. This is something I hope to achieve when I go on this group study, and in turn help me later on in my future towards becoming a teacher who can speak multiple languages.


今日は 私はリアと申します。カルガリー大学の年生です。
交換プログラムは受け入れました。よかったです。私はちょっと心配しかった。
入りないと思いました。でも、やったよ〜。日本語を勉強する頑張ることにしました。
日本語のしゃべるはまだ下手ですけど。皆さんがお祈りしてくれてください。
ペラペラになりたいです。宜しくお願いします。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theresa’s Research for Group 5

Lachlan's Self Introduction

Josh B Self Introduction